Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
So for our newest project for Digital mixed media, it was sort of a vague assignment that dealt with something to do with us and how we create illustration. Mine was simply stated that i create illustration of a fictional and imaginative nature. So for my illustration i wanted to do a portrait of an assassin. Which i found at first to be a bit difficult considering the limited amount of information being told in a portrait. Here's what I've come up with for a rough sketch and a color comp. I'm really liking it so far. Would almost say forget the photo ref, but I want to push the best lighting that I can get as well as textures for clothing.
I'm looking forward to the final. It's gonna be great!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
The growth monster is finally completed. I changed the face on the kid. The nose and cheeks weren't working before. The nose is much better now I feel. Am still trying to transition into painting more subtle shades. A more realistic approach instead of the graphic harsh shadows and harsh direct lighting that we've been told to do from freshman school year. This is the part of the progress.