Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Terry Pratchett fake book cover








This is an assignment for a class I'm taking, Digital Mixed Media. We're supposed to make a book cover for a fake up-coming book by our favorite author. I chose Terry Pratchett, author of the Discworld series. I've decided to do it on a Wizard and his young apprentice.

The process. I started in acrylic paint mostly using just browns to develop a ROUGH layout of forms and shapes. Then i took it into photoshop and started building upon it. Trying to still retain the actual acrylic painting (mixed media) I've duplicated the paint and placed it on top of the digital but on a very low opacity.

The last few progressions I've blocked in some clothing and started adding highlights and shadows. very simple so far.

2 comments:

  1. now that you have all your local colors established you should start playing around with color temperature to separate the foreground from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ok Stu. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind as I make progress towards the finish.

    ReplyDelete