Sunday, September 26, 2010

Help Please!



Ok, so the above picture is a detail of the Rusty Panda that I've been working on for a while now. First off, painting Rust is a challenge, let alone a rusted form that wraps around like a tube (aka legs). Anyway, my challenge right now that I'm stuck on/confused at is the glowing teal colored path on the leg. What I'm trying to convey is that the path would be like a valley. It would be like a ditch for the teal path to follow. Meaning the center is deeper than the edges. But, I want the center deepness to be glowing. Aaand thats my predicament. I'm afraid that with a center that is the highlight it makes it look like a rounded out object, like a hose sitting on top of the skin. And I don't want that. Please, anyone who has insight on how to create a ditch type path, with a glowing center.... I need advice.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment