Thursday, August 25, 2011

Creature Madness!


The dinosaur.


A flying creature.


And some Giant Alien Cyborg.

The three images shown above are some creature designs that I've been working on over the past week. It amazes me how much faster I've gotten at painting these kinds of things. 8 months ago just painting one of these would have taken me at least a full week. Now I can do one of these creature designs in about an hour. I never used to be very good at creating creatures. But I've found recently that for me, the best way to make some creatures is to have no plan or idea of what its going to look like. Just start sketching odd lines and then try to make something out of the linework you see before you. It keeps it fresh and uninhibits the mind I feel. Until next time. Keep Drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment